New Image; Machine Boots to console login, no network connection

Started by mcwoods, December 19, 2021, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwoods

Hi There. I had a freedombox A20 I purchased last year, we moved house and I needed to reconnect it. It booted fine when turned on and everything was ok, except I wanted to reset the device and reconfigure it to my needs.

I powered down the device (sudo shutdown now, from HDMI console). Removed power. Removed case. Removed (unplugged the backup battery). Removed SD card.
Downloaded the latest stable release of freedombox. Wrote it to the SD card. Booted the device and the console log in appears and reports only 127.0.0.1 and no network connection. Waited, nothing. Power cycled. Nothing. My DHCP server doesn't list the device. The ethernet socket at the back of the box blinks yellow, not green.

I left the device plugged in for 24 hours, just in case. Still nothing. No network connection.

What do I need to do to get the network port up and working ? - Is there a default login so I can try something?

LubOlimex

The first time you run the Freedombox it does some auto-configuration. I would guess that moving the box to a new location probably isn't just re-plug.

Maybe check the Freedombox community on ideas how to migrate the image for the new location.

Alternatively, try to re-write the card with a brand new Freedombox image.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex