April 30, 2024, 12:18:25 PM

MOD RS232 not working

Started by bimodh, February 07, 2013, 10:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bimodh

Hi guys,

I have a MOD-USB-RS232. I connected to my P.C having windows 7. It automatically installed the driver and created a COM port. I opened hyperterminal and connected to the COM port with Baud rate 9600, 19200, 115200 etc. Always, i am receiving the same error as follows.

UEXT test ERROR!
UEXT test ERROR!
UEXT test ERROR!
UEXT test ERROR!

What might be the reason?

hnlk

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. See my post here: https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=810.0.

Regards
Henrik

olimex

this means the functional test code for MOD-USB-RS232 have been left in PIC memory
I'm sorry for this, just spoke with our people to prevent such situations in future by making new test code
you can download the firmware for the serial communication from the product web page and program it in the MOD-USB-RS232

bimodh

Its OK.

What about the UEXT module in the OLinuxino A13 Board? Communication is not happening through that also. Which is the device created inside the Linux? I cannot find any communication happening on any Serial Devices. What might be the reason on this?

LubOlimex

There are 3 interfaces on the UEXT connector - SPI, I2C and RS232 (UART). Depending on the MOD-XXX board attached one of those interfaces might be used. RS232 interface, for instance, has some shared pins with UART1 connector (the one for debugging). So in order to use a module that utilizes RS232 on the UEXT with A13-OLinuXino you have to disable UART1 debug. This might be done with:

1. Open inittab
#vi /etc/inittab

2. Comment this line:
T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L -a root ttyS0 115200 vt102

3. Restart the board

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex