[SOLVED] A20 + Debian Buster + 5'' touchscreen

Started by nakwada, May 11, 2021, 06:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakwada

Hello,

Here is my situation:
I own a Stratomaker 3D printer. It features an embedded olinuxino board with a 5 inches LCD and touchpanel. Since this device is now discontinued, I decided to get rid of its original software and install something lighter, faster and run Repetier Server in order to have a fully integrated solution and make this printer mangeable and completely autonomous. The screen seems to have a resistive surface, it is definitely not a capacitive layer since I can interact using a plastic stylus when the original printer's software is running.

Anyway, I prepared a microSD card with Debian Buster minimal (downloaded here: http://images.olimex.com/release/a20/)

Installed all the stuff I need and got most things working except for the touchpanel.

Right now, the screen is displaying a dashboard in a web browser, launched fullscreen and opened automatically (autologin n'stuff). I can interact with keyboard and mouse, but not with the touchscreen.

Here are all the information I can gather from a SSH console, let me know if you need any more details to help me.

olimex@a20-olinuxino:~$ sudo dmesg | grep failed
[    1.117520] vddio-csi1: failed to set ramp_delay: -EINVAL
[    1.130099] axp20x-regulator: probe of axp20x-regulator failed with error -22

olimex@a20-olinuxino:~$ xrandr --query
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 800 x 480, maximum 8192 x 8192
None-1 connected primary 800x480+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
  800x480      60.06*+
HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

olimex@a20-olinuxino:~$ xinput_calibrator -v
No protocol specified
Unable to connect to X server

Any help to get the touch panel working would be greatly appreciated :)

JohnS

Quote from: nakwada on May 11, 2021, 06:02:27 PMwith a 5 inches LCD and touchpanel.
I expect you'll need to know the exact details of those two to have any hope at all...

John

nakwada

Hey,

I don't know how to provide this info, I'm happy to learn what command I should use in order to pull this data.

Meanwhile I got the screen to work by loading config for 7'' display, along with the lime-lcd-olinuxino-7ts.dtbo overlay (LCD-OLinuXino-7TS 800x480 panel with resistive TS and analog interface).

It's the same resolution as the 5'' display I have, and the touchscreen is working.
I should have tried that in the first place even though this sounds counterintuitive to me.

Anyway, problem solved :)