Micro USB d_serial

Started by FalloutST, January 06, 2021, 01:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalloutST

I tried to add g_serial to the Micro USB port. But unfortunately I could not achieve automatic detection of the connected device.
As far as I understand, there is no need for drivers for Windows 10.
But when connecting a device via Micro USB to a computer on windows 10, the device is not detected in any way.
As I understand, the module is already in the system, and there is no need to rebuild the kernel. It is already loaded automatically at startup.
What am I missing?

JohnS

I'd suspect Windows and hunt what's wrong there!!

John

LubOlimex

If you are using the Olimex images the A64-OLinuXino board should be detected by Windows 10 via micro USB cable. It should be listed under Ports (COM & LPT) where it would be given COM#.

It is important to notice that you still need 5V power supply applied to the power jack, you can't power the board sufficiently via the micro USB.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

FalloutST

Quote from: LubOlimex on January 08, 2021, 08:03:56 AMIf you are using the Olimex images
Yes, I'am

Quote from: LubOlimex on January 08, 2021, 08:03:56 AMneed 5V power supply applied to the power jack
Yes, I'am

Quote from: LubOlimex on January 08, 2021, 08:03:56 AMIt should be listed under Ports (COM & LPT) where it would be given COM#.
But it is not..

My be there is way to install driver//
Windows 10

LubOlimex

Well, if nothing pops up in Windows Device Manager, then how would you install a driver? Even if it needs driver - it should pop as unrecogznied device in Windows Device Manager. If it doesn't - there is some other problem.

Can be cable or port, try all USB ports, try different cable. It can also be incorrect Linux image. Make sure to test with the bionic base image from here:

http://images.olimex.com/release/a64/

Give it some time to boot and establish connection, since the USB service is started after the kernel starts.

Here you can see how it looks here, I haven't installed any driver manually (but maybe it was automatically installed):

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

FalloutST

Shame on me!! It is cable..........