Latest images not working on A20-OLinuXino-MICRO Rev.

Started by AnabelleMckenzie, November 04, 2020, 09:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnabelleMckenzie

Hi,

I have a A20-OLinuXino-MICRO Rev. C that was working with an older uSD image.  I downloaded and `dd`d the latest (Armbian_5.92.4_Olinuxino-a20_Debian_buster_next_5.2.21) Debian Buster image but the board no longer boots (no green LED).  I notice that the new disk image contains a single ext4 partition whereas the older image had a FAT partition first and then the ext partition afterwards.  Do the Rev. C boards support the latest images?

Cheers,

LubOlimex

Older boards should work with the latest image but you might need to configure the image for the specific board manually. You can interrupt the Olimage boot in order to stay in u-boot. This allows for some early board configuration (before even reaching the kernel). The u-boot tools allow for formatting the EEPROM of your board, in case it was blank or if it contains improper data (or if the board is lacking EEPROM, sets configuration data in a small region of the card). In order to interrupt u-boot press a key repeatedly even before seeing the required message:

Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0

You would be now allowed to enter commands after "=>".

If you miss the timing, simply reboot or power cycle the board and try again. Then configure the image for your board with "olinuxino" command.

> olinuxino config write 4614 C

Where 4614 is the ID for A20-OLinuXino-MICRO and "C" is the revision of the board. You can also add a serial number and MAC address but it is not required see more info about the olinuxino tool in u-boot by typing "olinuxino" in the u-boot.  You can see the commands, for example "olinuxino config list" would show you the list of IDs for different boards.

Then remember to save new config with

> saveenv

and reset the board to boot from start with:

> reset

Let me know how it went.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex