Lime2 GPIO power supply current

Started by sporubcan, October 14, 2019, 10:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sporubcan

Hello,
what is the maximum current I can take from +5V and +3.3V lines on GPIO connectors? What are the limits here?

Thank you!
Best regards,
Samuel

LubOlimex

For the 3.3V line it is safe to draw up to 650mA. It might be possible to draw a little bit more but I wouldn't recommend it in a long run.

For the 5V line - it goes almost directly from the power jack to the GPIO header. Only one transistor there that is rated 2A. So up to 2A, if your power supply can provide that much, of course.

It is hard to say what would be the real case scenario this depends on many factors.

Make sure to use these power pins at the GPIO headers only as outputs regarding the A20 board. You should not power the board from the GPIO headers.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

hawtrajpoot

Quote from: LubOlimex on October 14, 2019, 01:21:18 PMFor the 3.3V line it is safe to draw up to 650mA. It might be possible to draw a little bit more but I wouldn't recommend it in a long run.

For the 5V line - it goes almost directly from the power jack to the GPIO header. Only one transistor there that is rated 2A. So up to 2A, if your power supply can provide that much, of course.

It is hard to say what would be the real case scenario this depends on many factors.

Make sure to use these power pins at the GPIO headers only as outputs regarding the A20 board. You should not power the board from the GPIO headers.

this has helped Me. thankyou.