Device tree overlays on Lime2 Armbian image?

Started by novalkar, May 20, 2019, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novalkar

Hi

Just for context, in my project I'm connecting a FT800 screen through the SPI2 port (PC19, PC20, PC21 & PC22) and interfacing with it through SPIDEV. On mainstream Armbian i'm enabling this by modifiing the armbianEnv.txt and enabling the SPI2 and SPIDEV through the provided device tree overlays and configuring the parameters acordingly.

I was evaluating if I was able to move my project to your Armbian fork[1] (since your release has support for the new SPI flash memory modules), but stumbled upon the problem that you use a diferent device tree and don't provide overlays. I don't think I have problems patching the device tree for my personal purposes, but i wanted to know if there is an easier way to enable this.

I also would like to know if you plan to upstream your changes to the Armbian project in the future.

[1] https://github.com/OLIMEX/build/

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

novalkar

Thanks for the answer, I didn't notice that repository :)

Today I had the time to test 'em out, the SPI ones work fine but had some problems with the UART ones (specifically UART 4, 5, 6, 7). I was able to fix them since they just have bad pin definitions.

olimex

novalkar