JTAG-TINY-V2 on Windows 10

Started by amarti, March 06, 2019, 11:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amarti

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to use MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2 on Windows 10. I strictly followed the instructions posted in https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=5283.msg21940#msg21940].
When the drives is installed, device administrator warns an an error in the device. The error says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I restarted the computer several times and plug/unplug the JTAG several times. Every time I plug the JTAG, a new COM port is added. I attached two images showing the device administrator windows.

Of course, when I try to connect with the microcontoller (using CCS 6.1) it doesn't connect.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

LubOlimex

I use MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2 successfully here under Windows 10 x64. The key to install the drivers successfully is to first disable temporarily the automatic driver signature enforcement.

1. How to disable signed driver enforcement in Windows 10:

1.1. Click the Start button and select Settings (do not confuse it with Start Menu Settings).
1.2. Click Update and Security.
1.3. Click on Recovery.
1.4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
1.5. Click Troubleshoot.
1.6. Click Advanced options.
1.7. Click Further options (hidden on bottom of screen)
1.8. Click Startup Settings.
1.9. Click on Restart.
1.10. On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

At this point your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.

2. After enforcement had been disabled you need to install the drivers (if you restart your computer you need to disable the enforcement again). The drivers are located in this archive: https://www.olimex.com/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2/resources/OLIMEX_MSP430-DLL_drivers.zip - you might need to manually point them via right-clicking over the entry in Windows device manager.

Notice that if you change the USB port you would need to repeat the process since the drivers are associated with the USB that was originally used when the enforcement was disabled.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

amarti

SOLVED! Thanks Lub :)

In fact, it was my mistake :( The first time I didn't strictly followed the instructions from Olimex, and I installed by hand the hardware and the driver (add legacy hardware). This was the problem. The solution is to allow Windows 10 to install the JTAG-TINY as a COM device, and then change its driver following the instructions from Olimex.

Toni.