Help with gcc compiler

Started by stokes, January 23, 2019, 08:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokes

Hello I am trying to setup gcc-5 on Debian 8 SD distro so I can compile natively on the Olimex A13 dev board. I find a lot of binary distros but I am not certain of the exact architecture I am running. For example, does the A13 support ARM hard float? Also the eabi binaries also don't seem to run. I know this is armv7l sun51 family but the other terms are confusing.

If somebody has a link for me for gcc-5 binaries or a repo I would appreciate that!

fluxDev

Hi stokes,

the A13 supports hard float. With Debian Jessie development was a bit painful because we had to rely on the toolchain from Emdebian. With the release of Debian Stretch we switched our development machines and the software on the board to it and everything runs like a charm.

For cross-compiling we use the crossbuild-essential-armhf meta-package available since Debian Stretch. The only think that we found not working out of the box is cross-compiling Qt applications. For this I use an armhf chroot on my x86 laptop.

Kind regards,

fluxDev

stokes

Quotecrossbuild-essential-armhf

Thanks, this helped me a lot. I had the wrong cross-complier package (noeabi) and it wasn't working. Unfortunately I am not using Debian strech yet, but I will set up a VM of it. I will report back here if others are interested in my journey.