How can I compile kernel ?

Started by Faruk, October 30, 2018, 03:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faruk

Hello guys. I work for embedded Linux and I want compile kernel core. My harware is Olixonio A 13. Does anyone have done this before with Olinuxio? I searched document for this. Also if anyone can help for this please connect me. Thanks your time. Regards

JohnS

What's wrong with the Olimex wiki?

John

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Faruk

Quote from: JohnS on October 30, 2018, 04:13:01 PM
What's wrong with the Olimex wiki?

John

I am new this job so I searched simple way. It is look like difficult for me. Thanks for you reply. If you have any suggestion please share with me.

satilla

I am trying to compile the kernel according to github. First thing first I get an error while trying to install gcc-4.7. I changed sources.list on ubuntu.
If I install gcc-7, I get error on kernel compile stage. Error message shows that there are some missing files for gcc.

I think I have a problem with gcc-7. How can I install gcc-4.7 on Ubuntu?

LubOlimex

Different versions of Ubuntu require different steps to install older versions of GCC. Try searching for installation instructions for the specific Ubuntu version that you have installed.

You might try this answer which seems to cover most scenarios: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48398475/fail-to-install-gcc-4-9-in-ubuntu17-04
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex