Transfer App from Host to A13 WIFI

Started by mouha, January 05, 2013, 12:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouha

Hi,

As I can't get a connection in wifi to the board, I'd like to transfer my app that I've cross compiled to my host PC to the Board :

what is the fastest way please ?

Cure

Plug the SD card into your computer and copy the files over.

mouha

:)

Not sure this is the best way with the USB key I've already tried but doing such back and forth between PC and board....

I was much wondering about usb to usb or something like this.

Fadil Berisha

Hi mouha,
Quote from: mouha on January 06, 2013, 12:50:19 PM
:)

Not sure this is the best way with the USB key I've already tried but doing such back and forth between PC and board....

I was much wondering about usb to usb or something like this.
You may consider to install nfs server on your PC linux host (or other dedicated machine) and in your board to install nfs client. You can find files directly in your shared folder.

Fadil Berisha

mouha

YEs indeed this is the best way. Unfortunatelly I have no network working
WIFI has issues, and the UEXT ETH module I have is known to still be unusable currently.
SO my hope was something else that I didn't think of.

I guess without network there is not much left to do.

Cure

I wrote about this in another post, I know there are lots of pages in the forum but you should really spend an hour and look through the messages.  By default the A13 does not include WPA support for wifi.  However if you change your wifi router to Encryption: NONE, or Encryption: WEP then you will be able to connect to the internet, setup WPA support and then change your router back.

https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=518.0

Look for:

"DONE!

Next step is to setup WPA2 wifi support."

mouha

Quote from: Cure on January 07, 2013, 12:56:00 AM
I wrote about this in another post, I know there are lots of pages in the forum but you should really spend an hour and look through the messages. 

Thanks Cure, I've already read this post all along. What you say about WPA issue is what I've included in my
"As I can't get a connection in wifi to the board," , I can ping my PC on the network anyway despite my wpa_supplicant.conf.

Actually the most surprising for me was about the MOD-ENC28J60 who needs more attention.