Replac: lwIP TCP-IP Stack --> other stack possible ?

Started by Ruppie, January 21, 2018, 03:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruppie

Hello,
i have found options inseide the "menuconfig" for adjust the lwip stack settings.

I wonder if i can use another stack than lwip in my application or if lwiP is a must within ESP-32 applikations ?

Does someone know if it is possible to use another stack or not ?

Tnaks in advance

Marc

JohnS

Which would you like to use?

(Then just read the code.)

John

Ruppie

JohnS

So sit down and look at the code.  It's why the source is vital.

John

Ruppie

Dear John,
maybe you never read questions carefully.
Maybe the question was not clear enough for you.

Again:
I ask myself, why there are settings in the the ESP menuconfig that looks so lwIP specific ?
See menuconfig -->component config -->Lwip
I think it is not possible to use other stacks, or can i just ignore the lwip settings in the system settings ?

Marc

JohnS

Someone chose that stack and made it work that way.  They probably had no wish to do more work.

If someone (such as you) wants a different stack it's up to them.

If the stack you want is written to be a drop in replacement for the very well known LwIP then it ought to be easy - but quite likely they didn't do that and then it would be possible but a lot of work.

I guess very few would be interested so probably either you do the work or pay someone (not me!) to do it.

John

Ruppie

Hello John;
thank you for the background informations.

At least, when i have fisished my tests i will decide if the ESP-32 is a usefull plattform for my needs or not.
Most important information is , that is not such easy to use another stack, as known from others empedded plattforms.

Greating Marc.

LubOlimex

It seems that Cyclone TCP lists ESP32 as supported: https://www.oryx-embedded.com/cyclone_tcp.html

Maybe a better idea would be to contact Cyclone about how to use Cyclone TCP with ESP32 chip/products.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex