nand compat?

Started by drspastic, January 02, 2013, 07:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drspastic

i should get my a13 tomorow :) but i just noticed that the board i ordered does not have nand affixed. i also assume that means it does NOT come with android preloaded as stated on the site :(.
not that i am a big fan of droid but it would have got me up and running fast.

so in the vacant space for a nand chip, i would like to put one myself. i was thinking of taking one from a broken usb stick, but what chips will be ok to solder to the pcb? and to i need to do anything to activate it or set nand size?

also i want to put my own wifi card in the internal usb slot it is aw nu129 ripped from old android tab. you think its going to be ok?

olimex

I do wonder why you didn't order the A13-OLinuXino-WIFI which have both WIFI and NAND but the version without them?

drspastic

to be honest i just got exited and ordered in haste. i never noticed there was no nand in this version because under SOFTWARE it says unit ships with android installed. it was only after a few days i looked closer at the picture and saw no nand chip and investigated. i really thought the only difference between the two boards was the usb wifi dongle and i have several different ones laying about the house, plus i mainly want to use a usb/ethernet adapter that i have for a faster wired connection. my fault, i should have read more closely.
unles i am being stupid and somehow the standard a13 DOES ship with android. i wont know until the courier arrives! but all the same, i hate seeing an unpopulated spot on a pcb where i could solder something in  ;D

olimex

I'm sorry for your troubles, I check A13-OLinuXino page https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A13/A13-OLinuXino/ and there is nothing written for Android in the Software section, so I guess Lub saw your post and quickly edited the page removing the copy-paste Android content :)

drspastic

it still says it on the faq section at the bottom of the standard a13 product page. maybe needs a bit more editing to clarify to new customers.
i still dont have my boards... speedy dont seem to be able to read an address and zip code properly so its in a van in a different town! tomorrow morning i will drive to the city and hunt it down. speedy blame they were given the grechka address but i know the address is correct on the invoice i got so they are just playing dumb.
after i get these two boards i might order the wifi version next week and use the standard a13 as a controller for the amateur radio retranslator i am building for ruse oblast. im sure it is man enough to cope with that, and maybe light enough to run on solar power. it will use svxlink or thelinkbox whatever i can get to compile on it. it works out as cheap as a pic controller with dtmf in theory, if it compiles on arm ok.