Use Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H with SWD-Interface

Started by lorenz, May 17, 2017, 12:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenz

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am using the Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H Debugger with the jtag-adapter. The used controller is Atmel SAMD21. While connecting to the processor with OpenOCD i encountered an occasional error where the Processors registeres may not be read properly(0xFFFFFFF). This seems to be an issue with the hardware connection as the source seems to be an unstable connection of the OCD-H-Debugger with the SWD-Adapter or the SWD-adapter with my JTAG20pin-Cable. Is this an known issue or is my Adapter faulty?

Best regards
Lorenz Megele

LubOlimex

This is most likely bad support for this specific chip in OpenOCD or improper project settings.

Yet, make sure to connect the SWD adapter to the debugger in the following way: ARM-USB-OCD-H debugger – SWD interface adapter – JTAG ribbon cable - target board; i.e. connect the SWD adapter directly to the programmer with no cable in-between them!
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

ajunquera

Hi Lorenz:
Did you finally was able to program the SAMD21 using the ARM-USB-OCD-H programmer with SWD-interface?
Could you give me detail on how to do that?
I want use this programmer with a samd21g18a-u And I'm not sure if it is possible or not. Have you the OPENOCD script files (config.cfg) for this combination?
thank you in advance 

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex