Not using locking for read only lock file

Started by Cris, December 02, 2016, 02:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cris

Hello guys,

I have a a13 micro , I installed the official image from https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A13-OLinuXino-MICRO,
but I cannot install nothing with apt-get command . The sudo apt-get install python-tk gives me the error :

W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened
The image was burned on to a 8Gb sd card , I don't know why is behaving like a read only file system , what should I do, did I made something wrong ?

JohnS

Try some of the fixes for that error to be found using google.

John

Cris

Thank you John,

I would like to say that I am really, really disappointed about this product and I will never buy a olimex product in my live , never!!!
Any apt-get install or update does not work and end in different and multiple errors, any offline install of pipy packages end in error, and always something like "I cannot do that or this - read only file system".
I am not new to linux os and arm stuff , I know what I am doing here , but nothing works with the official image of os.

The support on this forum is a joke, the only guy who answered to my question is Mr. JohnS, but even his answers were like for an amateur 15 years old guy, like "search on google".

Anyway, I am really disappointed and I will never buy something from olimex, never, I will keep using the old manufacturer that I used until now. (I will not tell you who !!!)

Thank you and goodbye !

JohnS

I found the products worked.

At a guess you have a bad download, bad SD card, bad power, or some such, but otherwise the google answers look good and ought to be tried.

John