Card that is compatible with MOD-RFID1356MIFARE

Started by JohnQPublic, July 04, 2016, 05:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnQPublic

I just got the new product MOD-RFID1356MIFARE
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/RFID/MOD-RFID1356MIFARE/

I also bought a sample card: RFID125-CSH

I connected the reader to a Raspberry 3 and set it to keyboard mode.
The unit is not reading it.

Did I get a wrong type of card? If so what card should I try? I am a bit of a noob to RFID.

LubOlimex

Hey JohnqQPublic,

The RFID125-CSH tag will not work with the MIFARE reader at all. As mentioned on the RFID125-CSH's page "These RFID tags operate at 125KHz and are suitable for MOD-RFID125 and MOD-RFID-125-BOX."

Currently, we don't have any MIFARE tags available for sale. We are awaiting to receiving such and then would list them on the web-site.

For the moment, I would recommend you to purchase a MIFARE tag elsewhere.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

JohnQPublic

Thank you,
Can you point me where I can buy suitable cards here in Europe.

LubOlimex

Hey,

Unfortunatley, I can't say fore sure since we don't purchase from consumer chains but as far as I can see all big electronics stores (digikey, mouser, farnell) have MIFARE transponders/tags. I recommend you to get it from such an electronics store.

It is possible to purchase from Amazon and Ebay but there are a lot of sellers and I'm not sure if all of them are indeed MIFARE-compatible.

Just ensure that it works with 13.56 MIFARE reader.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

JohnQPublic

Thanks for th quick reply.
I have another standalone RFID reader that can read the RFID125-CSH I bought from you.

The standalone has D0 and D1 output connection. What I'd like to do is to test the USB connection of the MOD-RFID1356MIFARE I bought from you.

I am thinking of connecting D0 and D1 from the standalone to the MOD-RFID1356MIFARE and test the USB from the MOD-RFID1356MIFARE to my Raspberry. Can you point which connection on the MOD-RFID1356MIFARE are the D0/D1?