EKG/EMG Shield Revisions difference

Started by ipav, April 24, 2016, 01:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipav

I just bought the EKG/EMG shield from one of Olimex distributors and got a board that says Rev C and made in 2011.
The manual on Olimex website says Rev E, so there has been two revisions after the Rev C.

So my questions is what exactly is the differences between the Rev C and Rev D/E ??

LubOlimex

Hey,

The latest hardware revision (as today - April 26th 2016) of SHIELD-EKG-EMG is revision C. You have the latest hardware revision.

On the other hand, the user's manual for the board is revision E.

When a product works without problems and customers are satisfied we try to keep hardware design the same as long as possible. The main reason is that a lot of people are implementing our boards in their own designs and if we make even a small change – this would affect the product of our customers. We still manufacture some boards that keep the same hardware design for over 15 years.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

ipav

Thank you that was good to hear. I thought the revisions in the manual followed the board revisions, but i now understand that the revisions in the manual is just changes made to the manual and not the board.