AVRISPMKII - Ubuntu - error in USB receive

Started by Tron9000, April 12, 2016, 01:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tron9000

Evening,

I'm trying to follow section 4.2.2 in the user guide on installing the correct firmware drivers to my AVR ISPmkII. So far I have managed to successfully erase and flash with the correct file, setting up the associated rules, and they have appeared to have gone without a hitch.

However I am now trying to test the connection to the programmer and it doesn't look good: I repeatedly get and error;

avrdude: stk500v2_recv_mk2: error in USB receive

and then another that says it failed miserably (ok! no need to rub it in yeh!?)

I use the command lsusb to verify that the device is there, and sure enough it shows up. So I decided to change the baud rate in the command and that doesn't yield any resolve either.

the LED status is yellow and green and the yellow LED goes out when I run the command:sudo avrdude -p m16 -c avrispmkII -P usb -b 115200 - as instructed in the user guide

is there anything else I need to be looking at? I've followed the user guide to this point to the letter, and trawlled the internet for a similar problem, nothing concrete with regards to this issue on linux.

many thanks

JohnS

I think the Olimex ISP needs a firmware upgrade for use with avrdude.

John

LubOlimex

Make sure the device is added in udev rules.

Which version of AVRDUDE are you using? Try with version pre-6.x. If you have to use version 6.x or newer make sure to apply the patch mentioned here: https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=3208.0

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex