ARM-JTAG-COOCOX debugger is not working

Started by e_sempertegui, December 14, 2015, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_sempertegui

Hello, I recently bought an Olimex development board and also the ARM-JTAG COOCOX debugger. I am trying to use Keil uvision 5 (MDK v5) to program the board but I always get an error when trying to flash my code into the board. The error says 'Adapter Open Failed' and the 'flash download failed'.

I have installed the drivers (CoMDKPlugin 1.4.2 and maybe even more than the ones I needed as I was completely lost on which one to install). I CAN see the Coocox folder installed in Keil/ARM/BIN and the debugger is actually recognized by Keil as I can see Coocox debugger in OPTIONS FOR TARGET and in the Utilities tab I also selected the CooCox Debugger for 'Use Target Driver for Flash Programming'. However, it looks weird to me becuase when in the 'CooCox Target Driver Setup' window the USB adapter is fine but in Flash download I don't see any programming algorithm assigned and when trying to select any of them nothing happens and the error still there.

I have also installed CoIDE and when compiling and trying to flash to the board, the same error occurs saying 'ColinEx is not found, make sure the adapter is connected' but it is connected and I see it in the device manager as it shows in the instructions for installing a ColinEx debugger.

Did I miss anything?
Thanks.