March 29, 2024, 01:02:36 AM

Com Port - DuinomiteMega

Started by RonnS, November 20, 2015, 12:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonnS

Helloo from Germany..

i call a Duinomite Mini  and a Duinomite Mega my own.. i use the Mini with an ArduinoAdator together wit an Ciseco SRF Shield ..this have the Com Port at D0  and D1 . Now i wish to use the Duinomite Mega together with the SRF Shield ( its an RF Module with 868 Mhz )so i need the hardware Uart  with 115200 Baud at the Pins D0 and D1

what i have to do to get this to work ? ( i dont need the Rs232 Connector)

thanks Ron

JohnS

Just connect and it looks like it will work - but it may be that if you use BASIC that it does not use it as a hardware uart or maybe does not support 115200.  You'll have to check that.

The 330R I see on RX will (I think) be fine.  Worst case you could cut the PCB traces for RX / TX.

John

RonnS

thank you for your answer John..,

it works with the Duinomite Mini very well

the resistors R2 and R3 are 0 (zero) ohm (Duinomite Mega), should i cut the wire brige and solder an 330 ohm resistor in it ?

thanks Ron

JohnS

I was thinking that R42 will already allow what you want.  I can't try it now and may be wrong, so see what you think.

John

RonnS

the problem is solved. I cut the  connection  RX and TX (leg 11 and leg 12) for chip 3232 . It works ! :) . Com4 is now available at D0 and D1 Aduino Header
now I can fit the Mega into my new  BOPLA Enclosure

thank you very much

JohnS