Atom Modules! (and a bunch of other stuff I wasn't sure where to post)

Started by faddat, March 30, 2015, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faddat

Hi, I'm Jake.  I love your designs, and want to collaborate with your team. 

I live in Vietnam, and am starting a thing that we're calling the MetaDev Foundation.  It's a hybrid organization-- part school, part manufacturing facility, and part coworking / product development space.  Right now we're working on a SODIMM that will line up quite closely to your oolinuxino.  We're going to follow that up over the summer with Intel atom parts, also hopefully on SODIMMS (little larger in height than the norm, however).  We'd like to know if anyone on your team/community is interested in coming out here.  Like everyone at MetaDev, they and you would get a stake in what we create.  Furthermore, please know that when we use your designs, we intend to send money your way-- we believe in this whole "collaborative economy" and so that's how we're going to act with every member of our stack from hardware on up.  Free HW/SW sure as hell isn't free. 

So here are some links to various of our pages:

metadevfoundation.org
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MetaDev/1562169350735530
https://plus.google.com/+MetadevfoundationOrgHanoi/

My (Jacob Gadikian)'s contact info:
faddat@gmail.com
faddat on Skype
17167952538 on telegram

If you're a community member with a project they'd like to build, feel free to let us know.  Here's the problem we're trying to solve:

Today tech projects require many many pieces to scale.  By the end you're looking at:

-Graphic Design
-Industrial Design
-Electronics Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Food Engineering
-Blockchains
-Business Development & Strategy
-Venture Capital
-Growth Hacking
-Marketing
-Injection Molded Plastic
-Video Production
-Web Design
-Community Management
-Embedded Programming
-UI/UX

And possibly even more.  We're a place where people can come, form a multidisciplinary team, and build their dream as quickly as possible, and since we're just getting off the ground, right now space doesn't cost a penny.  Furthermore, contributors to the community (yes all forms of contribution count, and no I'm not really talking about cash when I use the word contribution) will be included in our diffuse ownership scheme. 

Okay that's what I've got for now :)

-Jake

PS About the modules:

Brains:

• Intel's latest
  • 2/4/8g RAM
  • microsd

OSHW Bodies Produced by Metadev:

• Smart home controller
  • Router
  • router + smart home controller
  • Tablet