A20 lime Debian

Started by ebelouet, February 24, 2015, 01:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebelouet

Hi,

I have debian system and I would like where I can find two images on start with olimex logo to change it ?

Sincerely
Eric

Gerrit

https://community.freescale.com/message/316662#316662

a description for both a splash screen from u-boot and the kernel

ebelouet

PhantomGT

Guys, does anyone have instructions for replacing the A20 Debian boot logo / splash screen? The link above is not working.

LubOlimex

This thread is from 2015 and the Linux images we used back then were different. I am sure this information no longer applies to recent Linux releases. Which Linux image are you using? Latest Olimage Linux image?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

PhantomGT

Quote from: LubOlimex on May 02, 2023, 10:51:04 AMThis thread is from 2015 and the Linux images we used back then were different. I am sure this information no longer applies to recent Linux releases. Which Linux image are you using? Latest Olimage Linux image?

A20-OLinuXino-bullseye-base-20220928-143706

LubOlimex

Where do you see boot logo? Over the HDMI?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

PhantomGT

Quote from: LubOlimex on May 02, 2023, 01:29:19 PMWhere do you see boot logo? Over the HDMI?
LCD-OLinuXino-7RTS. I don't see any boot logo other than the little penguin in the corner. It is necessary for me that instead of a console output and at loading my picture was deduced.

PhantomGT

Up. Does anyone have similar customization on current Linux images?

kalata23

In U-boot config, there is a "splash screen" option, that allows you to add image into boot console. The Linux penguin is not an image file that you can replace, but it's hard-coded array of pixels and colors. In other words, you must rebuild your Debian image, or at least the u-boot in order to add splash-screen and remove the hard-coded  image.