Kitkat for A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB

Started by ph.fouquet, December 02, 2014, 01:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph.fouquet

Hi every body

That it a long time but I have a kitkat porting.

I din't have much time but if you have somme question ask it.

For compiling a image I write a ski at  https://github.com/Philippe12/Android_A20_manifests/wiki

I hop that it work fine.

I din't test all componant but ethernet, LCD (LVDS), touch (ilitek or ft5x), USB host, USB otg and adb work

have fun Philippe

progmetalbg

Hi,

This looks interesting, I may try to build an image following your guide this weekend.
Is there any possibility to provide a prebuilt image for those who don't have enough free time?
Do you have any plans for porting Android 5.0 to AllWinner A20/OLinuXino?

dave-at-axon

Hi Philippe,

I am busy cloning it just now and will have a go at getting it up and running when done.

It will be interesting to see how to add all the capacitive touch that I use with the current 4.2.2 version.

Thanks for the hard work in the first place.

Dave...

ph.fouquet

Hi

In somme week i try to make a prebuild image with hdmi video out put.

For lollipop I start juste this day.

Philippe

dave-at-axon

Hi Philippe,

When I clone lichee the linux3.4 directory is empty?

Anroid is still downloading :(

ph.fouquet

Sorry  :-[

I forgotte a option in git clone (--recursive) for clone the sub module

I update the wiki

Philippe

dave-at-axon

Thanks Philippe, got it this time.

Got an error when I try to build.

cp libnand libnand.a
cp: cannot stat `libnand': No such file or directory

When I check there is no output files in there. When I check the original 3.4 kernel I use with 4.2.2 there are build files.

For the time being, I have copied my existing lichee directory from 4.2.2 as this includes the drivers I need anyway.

Now to try building Android.

dave-at-axon

When I try to repo the Android source I get to 100% but I then get this error when syncing work tree.

Syncing work tree:  48% (199/413)  error: in `sync -f`: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/kitkat/android/external/sfntly/.git/HEAD'
error: manifest missing or unreadable -- please run init

I've tried running init again. Same issue.

ph.fouquet

Hi dave-at-axon

Thank for the back I probably forgot the precompiled linand. I don't know why but when I compile one for the sunxi sources I have some data lose or filesystems crach.

For the android sources I check what it could be wrong and I come back

Philippe

dave-at-axon

Thanks Philippe,

Having access to building your own source is great. I needed to have a way to auto download an APK file and have it install without user intervention so I modified the PackageInstaller to bypass all the checks and errors. Now my app can update itself. :)

wildzero

Hi, someone has had success to build a image so far? Does it work? Curious to test kitkat/lolipop on A20-OLinuXino-MICRO.

dave-at-axon

No luck yet. Something is still missing from the Android source.

ph.fouquet

Quote from: dave-at-axon on December 12, 2014, 02:53:13 AM
No luck yet. Something is still missing from the Android source.

Can y ou say me witch error y ou have?

dave-at-axon

It fails at this point doing the include sequence at the start.

including ./cts/Android.mk ...
build/core/java.mk:23: *** cts/apps/CtsVerifier: Invalid LOCAL_SDK_VERSION 'current' Choices are: .  Stop.

I checked the file in question and it has the same entry as a number of other .mk files in the build.

dave-at-axon

Doing a search I saw a reference to the prebuilts directory but this is missing from the kitkat source.

This is  present in the 4.2.2 Olimex source.