OLIMEXINO 328 windows 7 driver problem

Started by kbogdan, October 29, 2014, 05:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbogdan

Hello everyone!
I have problems installing Olimexino 328 drivers on Windows 7:
It appear with installed drivers in "Universal Serial Bus controller" as "Unkown device". I downloaded the driver (zip file) and at "Add new legacy hardware", if I choose the ".ini" file from driver, nothing appear in list.

P.S.: I'm sure that is the Olimex board because, when I unplug the USB cable, the "Unknown device" disappear.

JohnS

Sounds like Win7 just does not have the driver installed properly or at all.  Delete and do it again.

It's INF not INI file...

John

kbogdan

I'm trying and with "Add legacy hardware" method and with .exe setup, nothing. I saw on other forums are some problems with the FTDI EEPROM.

JohnS

If it's the FTDI driver deliberately causing this then you can follow the fixes posted on the net.

I'd want to start by finding the actual VID & PID the board has.  lsusb under Linux, no idea on Win7.

John

kbogdan

A simple search on google and found something similar to "lsusb".
By the looks, the Olimex board is that with exclamation mark.

JohnS

Not the same, as lsusb would show VID & PID as non-zero.

Something very weird with your set up but could be Windows refusing to reveal the VID/PID pair.

In your situation I'd download then boot a live DVD (or USB stick) Linux and use its lsusb

John

dave-at-axon

In Windows device manager, right click the device and then choose properties. In there you can find the VID and PID.

JohnS

And not "bricked" as you can change the PID back if that's what's changed.

John

kbogdan

How I can change it !? Nothing objective on internet.