April 24, 2024, 05:21:16 AM

ARM-USB-OCD-H serial on OSX 10.9.5??

Started by roboknight, October 12, 2014, 07:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roboknight

I've been using the Olimex JTAG dongle for a long period of time now.  I got one probably about 3 or so years ago, then I got the -H because I found out the -H had RTCK and supported lower voltages.  Its been fantastic, especially since I do my development on OSX.  However, since I've upgraded to 10.9.5, I cannot seem to get the serial port to work.  I have done the following several times:

After I upgraded, I eventually saw that Apple had created their own driver and knocked out FTDI's driver.  I removed that ridiculous piece of garbage right away, as it didn't work at all, and likely wouldn't ever work because it appears they are mainly using the serial side of things, and I needed both the JTAG and the serial.  Then I got FTDI's last update for 64 bit osx (version 2.2.18 seems to be the latest) and installed that.  I then proceeded to change the info.plist so that it supported the Olimex device I was interested in (namely, the -H, which meant PID 43 (0x2b)) and made sure I enabled JUST port B, because I wanted port A for JTAG (which does work beautifully still it seems).

The driver attaches to the device, and appears to run.  However, no matter what, it appears that ANY data coming across the lines is wrong.  It doesn't matter the baud rate.  Its as if it is always attempting to autodetect the baud rate and getting it wrong or something.  At any rate, the output is ALWAYS gibberish.  I've tried OTHER FTDI cables, and they appear to work perfectly.  Even the Bus Pirate works.  But the Olimex doesn't seem to work and I don't know why.  Any insight would be appreciated.  I hope my Olimex isn't failing somehow.  Is there something on the board I should check?  CTS, RTS, and DTR aren't absolutely critical with the ARM-USB-OCD-H are they?  I didn't need to hook them up in the past that I remember, plus I tried wiring CTS and RTS together (my target didn't support CTS, RTS or DTR or any of that.  It was more of an USART, but I've not had trouble before.).  I'm at a loss at this point.  I'm going to be disappointed if I can't get that working again because I *JUST* got SWD JTag to work with my lpc4330!!!

Thanks.