scrolling with finger without scrollbar

Started by gese008, October 02, 2014, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gese008

Hello,
I'm using the A13-LCD10TS touch display on my A20.
It's working fine but now I want to scroll with the finger and hide the scrollbar (f.ex. inside the browser)

Im using the A20_debian_kernel_3_4_LAN_USBx2_Cards_LCD_HDMI_SATA_TS_X_GPIO_OTG_MIC_Video_accel_release7 image.

I read a lot inside the web regarding this topic but I don't know whether I can use this information for my case.

Any ideas?. Thanks.

gerd

gese008

is this realy such a stupid question?.

Please give me a hint.

gerd

MBR

The scrolling is just a matter of software and has to be configured to work (on the device level, the touchscreen looks as a one-button mouse). IIRC, you will have to enable the mouse wheel emulation (options "EmulateWheel*" ) in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf, see for example http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint#Scrolling and ftp://www.x.org/pub/X11R6.8.0/doc/mouse.4.htm for more options.

I'm not sure if the scrollbar can be hidden, but this is not only a windows manager option, it also depends on the browser (some draws they own widgets). Some browsers hide the scrollber in fullscreen mode, some only when the whole page is displayed (becasue the scrollbar also works as the page displayed/whole page indicator). You will probably need a browser optimized for a touchscreen (or an add-on with a similar function).

JohnS

Not a stupid question but there are probably lots of forums about the software that would be better places to ask than here, a hardware-maker's site.

I think you were incredibly fortunate to get any answer and if you have more software questions then really you'd do better finding other places to ask them.

John

AxR

hi gese008,

I have to solve the same issues of you.
Have you found a good solution?

Thanks