Touchscreen calibrating

Started by herter, August 19, 2014, 12:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herter

Hi,

I have some issue to use a touchscreen with the A20 board, so I have a question : is it possible to use a touchscreen witch is not from olimex with the board.

I use a A20-OlinuxIno-MICRO-4GB with the debian release (with the video accelerated). The screen is an LCD screen connected on the 40-pin connector and the touch system is from 3M, connected in USB.

The touch function is detected, the pointer moves when I touch the screen, but it needs to be calibrated.

But when I launch ts_calibrate, the script start, I see the first cross in the top-left corner, the screen seems don't refresh anymore, or only partialy, beacause I seen some pixels of the desktop blended with the black background of the calibrating program.

Is this beaucoup the touchscreen is not one of those from olimex ?

nickvanalst

I think this is because you are using a USB version.

The olimex screen + touchscreen board wire the touschreen inputs directly to the board.

i'm guessing to some kind of internal touchscreen controller.

So you will have to find drivers for that touchscreen device. as the ts_calibrate will calibrate the internal controller.

Or perhaps you can wire the resistive touch line's to the corresponding lines on the LCD connector?