A10-LIME + Screen 7" = glicthes -> then fail

Started by otyugh, June 23, 2014, 03:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otyugh

Hey,
I first connected the A10Lime to a screen. I was able to connect throug ssh, log as root, chose the right screen configuration...
I've got the debian desktop, more or less... But well, with lot of glitches everywhere on the screen (wasn't quite stabilized). I supposed I had pluged it wrong, and wanted to "unplug-replug" it. With my fingers I just destroyed the cable on one end (https://www.olimex.com/Products/Components/Cables/CABLE-40-40-10CM/).

I suppose I'm not used at all with theses. Still, when I tried to unplug the other side with care now, I just ended up destroying it too.

Theses wire aren't that expansive but well. I'm in france, and I get 10$ of shiping and two week of waiting for a 3$ cable ! :'(
Are theses "standards" and easy ton found in some place ?
Could I find just the "ends" of the wire, that I destroyed to replace them ?
Is that "normal" they are that easy to destroy ? :o

MBR

Try old IDE (PATA) cables, the older 40-wires ones, not the 80-wires ones for UDMA-66+. They can be found in old computers, so try visiting a local junkyard. The only problem is keying, most of newer cables has one pin blocked as key.

otyugh

Quote from: MBR on June 23, 2014, 08:24:11 PM
Try old IDE (PATA) cables, the older 40-wires ones, not the 80-wires ones for UDMA-66+. They can be found in old computers, so try visiting a local junkyard. The only problem is keying, most of newer cables has one pin blocked as key.
that kind ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Inch-40-Pin-IDE-PATA-Female-to-Female-Short-Cable-/160609624634?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256514623a

MBR

Yes, that ones are good, they aren't even keyed.

dave-at-axon

If you have a small vice handy, get the connectors and some cable and make your own to the length you need.It also lets you change the cable ends so that the cable enters and exits as you need it.

I have 130mm cables from an A20 to the LCD and it seems stable at this. I was using 200mm but that had a few flickering issues. Until I get the LVDS done this seems stable enough.