OLIMEXINO 85 (AtTiny85 with USB programming)

Started by BobMcNobby, June 08, 2014, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobMcNobby

All I can say is this product is brilliant !! Cheap, easy to use, easy to set up

Got mine from eBay, I will probably get more :@)

LubOlimex

Thank you for the kind words. I'd spread the word around.

We got them in penguin keychain shape also. Here: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/AVR/FOSDEM-85/open-source-hardware.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

ul

i apologize if it's a completely rtfm question,
alas i'm currently under a bit of a pressure and lack time to to my research.

is it possible to use UEXT modules with those 85's ?
most importantly, will the software libraries work?
i should be able to hack together mostly any "dumb" adapter.

LubOlimex

Hey ul,

UEXT is just a name for a connector that has UART, I2C and SPI interfaces. Please read more here: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/UEXT/ Since the ATTINY85 has all of the required interfaces you would be able to control any device board with it. The connector would not fit of course so you would probably need jumper wires for the hardware connection (an extra breadboard would be even better).

I believe in the examples archive for the OLINUXINO-85 designs there are demonstrations of all interfaces. Yet again, I recommend you to download and try the software before purchase. You don't need the hardware to compile the software or take a look at it ;)

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

ul

wonderful :D

as i started to learn connecting things with wires and soldering before going to school,
i have no problems with just putting things together. but with minimal time for hobbies,
i just can't write a new communication library for a project with only a few hours of planned coding time.

if anyone else is interested in the topic, i'll do my best to document everything.
providing i can actually find time for hobby build.

thanks for the answer