March 28, 2024, 10:45:18 AM

STM32-E407 - software support

Started by msr, June 03, 2014, 12:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msr

Hi,

Im interested in this board, STM32-E407, but I need a out-of-the-box experience (time is scarce). Is there any support (working demos) for lwIP or uIP or do you plan to provide it?

Thanks

JohnS

When I google
lwIP STM32
I see plenty of info so what's the problem?

John

msr

Quote from: JohnS on June 03, 2014, 09:56:38 AM
When I google
lwIP STM32
I see plenty of info so what's the problem?

John

It may sounds a bit rude which is not my intention at all but the "problem" is... lack of time.
A working demo of this board with lwIP would be great. I wouldn't mind to pay a bit more for the hardware if I know it supports lwIP out of the box.

JohnS

No worries - but it looks like there is nothing out of the box.  It may be not much work, of course, as ST make quite reasonable samples.  Changing a few #defines may be all that's needed.

John

farlane

Quote from: JohnS on June 14, 2014, 04:34:21 PM
...as ST make quite reasonable samples...
Until you start using them ofcourse. Seriously, they're mostly a mess.

Anyway,
I used http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257906# as a starting point, and went from there. Mind you that lwip is not correctly configured to work with FreeRTOS in this sample; think it was SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT that should have been set to 1 and also sometimes the ETH peripheral will stop receiving frames because of faulty handling of the ethernet DMA.

franchan

I second farlane. I base myself on
- an example from Olimex: STM32-E_revE+_demo.zip
- examples from stm32fcube package
  (these use the MII MAC to PHY interface, stm32_e407 uses RMII)
But these are for different boards and using specific IDE project files that might not match your set-up.

I've no specific experience but I would think that "arduino-like + an ethernet shield"
might provide better "out-of-the-box" environment?

Of course, I'm not a good reference and I don't know your background but
I'm already looking for 2 man-weeks into getting this ethernet hardware (not yet lwip) going ...
(the STM32 is/was completely new for me)

farlane

Quote from: franchan on July 15, 2014, 01:59:21 AM
Of course, I'm not a good reference and I don't know your background but
I'm already looking for 2 man-weeks into getting this ethernet hardware (not yet lwip) going ...
(the STM32 is/was completely new for me)
It took us a few days to get it going including lwIP, using the E405 board as a reference. It then took us another 1.5-2 weeks to keep it going solidly.

Once you get it that far, you don't want to go back though; the STM32F40X is a really great platform :)

marc__

Hi,

Have you been able to run your e407 with freertos + lwip?

I'm struggling with it for quite some time and the best I got was tx 2 frames.

Cheers

emanuelcsm

Hello,

I'm trying to use this board. So far I have a lot of problems with the examples, and it seems nobody has actualy used this board, because enevery questions is answerd with google reserch, not an experience.

I recomend that you use STM32F4DISCOVERY board, it seems to have more people that actualy have used it.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/STM32F407-SD-CAN-STM32F4Discovery-Development-board-network-RS232-LCD/1527459556.html

I tryed to use FreeRTOs, and ChibiOs but none of them have an working version for this STM32-E407, but for STM32F4discovery I read a lot of positive feedbacks.

JohnS

People will have used it.  Most will post nothing - and this entire forum is quite new anyway.

If you want a Discovery board they're VERY cheap not like that link you posted!

I quite like the plain board with STM32F407VGT6 but prefer the one with STM32F429ZIT6 - they're both about a tenth the price of the above board and are also the ones people post about.

Bear in mind how similar all STM32s are and thus how similar all the software is.  The data sheets tell all.

John

Detlef_A

Hi,

has someone any news on standalone lwip on the E407? I'm not aware of any successful implementation. E407 could make a nice and small webserver :-(

Cheers
Detlef

koro

Hi, I'm writing for help. I try to run Ethernet on my Olimex. I found a basic program that I transformed, I ran it, but I don't get ping response. I have no experience in debbug, so I ask for help or refer me where I can get help. Under the text I put a link to the program.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzlnOyA1UwH_Zi1aVmc1dGI5MDQ/view?usp=sharing

Kind regards

Koro

LexaXaa

Hi, I can share detailed project web server. Project in Keil.

DunkanE2E4

Quote from: LexaXaa on May 28, 2015, 01:34:48 PM
Hi, I can share detailed project web server. Project in Keil.

Please, do it.