A20 OLinuXino tools debugging problem

Started by Jo-Jo, May 21, 2014, 10:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo-Jo

I am new to Android development, so I thought I would try to set-up an Eclipse project to build and debug the OLinuXino tools. I seemed to have set up everything successfully, but the application always crashes immediately. In the debugger I see the following exception get thrown:

Couldn't load UART from loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[dexPath=/data/app/olimex.a20.uart-1.apk,libraryPath=/data/app-lib/olimex.a20.uart-1]: findLibrary returned null

Apparently I am missing some libraries. 

Can anyone give me any insight into this issue?

dave-at-axon

I think you are missing the step to build the JNI files. This does not happen automatically with Eclipse of even with the Android Studio IDE's.

Looking at the source code Olimex provide, there is no .SO files in the "libs" directory so you will need to build these yourself.

You will need to download and configure the Android NDK for this and then build the JNI files first. This will then create the .SO files you need.

There is loads of information on how to create these. I've even managed to set these up to build in Android Studio.

PS.. After you get this working with Eclipse, check out doing this under Android Studio. It's much better for development and has some nice tools that make your job easier.