Olimex A20 with Lapdock Atrix

Started by FISHERMAN, May 02, 2014, 05:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISHERMAN

Dear fellows,

I am from Greece and i was very happy to see that our neighbors are producing such great equipment. I am interested to make a small project with an OlimexA20 and my lapdock atrix. I have ordered all the cables needed for hdmi and usb (power supply) and now i am searching for a board. Lots of people have managed just plug n play with a raspberry Pi revb. I wanted a newer and more powerful board and i ended up to Olimex.

The lapdock has a  11.6-inch display with a resolution of 1366 x 768.
It provides power from 2 normal usb and one micro usb.

Also the main reason i chose Olimex is because i can use (i hope) the external battery. Lapdock has a flaw
that whenever you open or close the lid the usb power turns off for second and thus all boards a rebooting.

So to sum up...do you think i can power A20 from the usb ports? Can i also have a battery attached as a UPS so in case the lid closes it can stay ON. The battery will be charged from the USB or it will only be used whenever i close/open the lid for 1 sec? I did not see any kind of case for the A20.

Sorry for my long message. In case someone is willing to help, i can provide more specification for the lapdock. In case you just google lapdock projects or hacks you will find many of them. :-)

codifies

You won't be able to get much juice via USB, so running a sata HD might trip the power guard circuit BUT there is no reason you can't run a decent current through the barrel connector or even connect a lipo to the battery connector

Off the lipo I'm using I'm getting hours running an ssd and small LCD so it should be good for a second!

I could be wrong but I can't see it not working....

FISHERMAN

I am not interested to run a hard disk...I just want this lapdock for netbrowsing and youtube.A descent SD card is enough...8-16gb maybe. The matter is if A20 is compatible with my lapdocks resolution and keyboard, like other barebones are out of the box.  :-\