New Debian Image - Wishlist

Started by olimex, May 02, 2014, 03:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete_l

Is control over the SATA power broken out to an interface in /sys ?
If not it would be a handy inclusion for those of use who are planning to use the SATA supply not for a disk, but as power for external boards. The ability to switch their power on or off from a program would be nice to have.

Same question regarding the on-board buttons (Vol+, MENU, etc - though they appear to be analog values) and the A20 MICIN2 (secondary microphone?). Can they be made available, too?

bloo

On-board buttons (Vol+, MENU, etc) to be available on Linux. A stereo sound driver. I have A20.

hkramski

Not exactly a whish FOR the new image, but please provide instructions/methods to upgrade a carefully crafted existing Debian installation.

TIA
   Heinz

shug

wouldn't it be possible to create a new debian image base on "jessie" and not "wheezy" anymore ? packages are so old ...
thanks

banata

My dream is uBoot loader and OS in NAND Flash for all boards :)

ozko

MichaelA

A hole lot of devices are serial devices (mobile modems, Wi-Fi sticks, etc. ). It would be nice to have the serial driver to get these ttyUSBx and ttyACMx devices running without compiling the kernel.

codec

Support for 1wire devices would be great.

Thanks

codec

smysnk

Shutdown / reboot bugs fixed. 

Reboot - Currently it seems that reset goes into some sort of loop and the device never comes back up and you have to hard power down/up to bring it back up.

Shutdown - Does not turn the device into off, still on using up power.  Probably in the same type of loop as above.

shug

Hello Olimex dudes,
when do you except to publish the new image ?
Thanks !

Andrew Smalley

I just got my A13 this morning with WIFI and NAND ;) i would love to flash linux to the nand and boot from that, I will then be putting it in my car with camera, USB, 3G, GPS(PL232 serial) and ODB-II Canbus USB.

any hints to putting Linux directly on the NAND Chip would be valued

Regards

Andrew

Quote from: olimex on May 02, 2014, 03:52:55 PM
Hi
It's time to release new images for the boards and here is what we intend to add:

• SPI support
  • MOD-3G support
  • MOD-WIFI-R5370
  • FTDI support
  • NAND Flash driver enable - you will be able to mount the Flash as disk device
  • USB-BT4 - BLE support - not sure if possible as BLE support is implemented in kernel 3.1x but linux-sunxi have no working 3.1x kernel

please let me know if we miss something
Tsvetan

tmanev

VLC with hardware acceleration...

Moe

Hi there,
Any news on the release schedule? Days, weeks, months, years?
Thnx, Moe.

maggio

Quote from: Moe on June 16, 2014, 01:36:35 PM
Hi there,
Any news on the release schedule? Days, weeks, months, years?
Thnx, Moe.

Up!

Thnx

slopez

Will you release up to date building instructions? Maybe some script on github could be a good thing so that people could contribute new features?