March 19, 2024, 09:57:04 AM

MOD-IO + JTAG + AVRDragon

Started by r3flow, November 10, 2012, 10:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r3flow

How can I use MOD-IO with JTAG? I tried with avrdragon but I got an error:

Unable to enter programming mode.

Please verify device selection, interface settings, target power and connections to the target device.

I have two MOD-IO and both have same problem. ISP port works fine so I can download code to MOD-IO board but the JTAG also would be useful. My Dragon+JTAG works fine with other (non Olimex) boards.

LubOlimex

Hello r3flow,

Sorry for the delay being investigating this issue for a while.

We also have AVR-DRAGON over here and we did test MOD-IO with it. It programmed and debugged fine here with both AVR Studio 4 and Atmel Studio 6. I tested everything extensively. Are you sure you provide enough power to the MOD-IO? 12V at least?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

r3flow

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately the assembled device has been shipped today so I can't do any test with MOD-IO, but yes, I've used a 12V/1A adapter for MOD-IO. My dragon hardware version is 17 and firmware is 7.18 (with the latest Atmel Studio 6) and the JTAG works fine with my other Xmega boards but not worked with MOD-IO.

LubOlimex

The AVR-Dragon we have over here is hardware version 16, but the firmware is the same (7.18). It can be

I don't think that two MOD-IO boards can be defective (we test all boards before shipping). When you have the chance could you try with different version of Atmel Studio (I suspect the ATMEGA16(L) configuration file.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex