Touch Screen

Started by shug, April 14, 2014, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shug

Hi all,
I have an A20 + 10" TS sold by olimex. Everything works fine and is designed to work together (unique connector). But the screen is not very brightened, angle vision is poor and it is a resistive touche screen.
With my raspberry pi I used to connect a chalk-elec touch screen (http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280#!/~/product/category=3094861&id=14647624) with is really better and capacitive. But it has to be connected to a separate power adapter (5v 2A) and has an HDMI input.
So does anybody already connect another 10" touch screen (or event better, the chalk-elec one) ? I'm a program developer and my electronic knowledge is very very poor.
Thanks !

dave-at-axon

Hi Shug,

Although it's not 10" but I have the 7" Touch Revolution display working with the A20. They also do a 10" version but the input is LVDS so it would need configuration changes but the touch will work with the modified driver I built for it.

It's capacitive and it sure makes a difference to operating than resistive.
It's also considerably brighter than the 7" LCD's I originally purchased.

shug

Hi Dave,
thanks for your reply !
I just looked at the 10 "Touch Revolution display but it is very expensive. I'm afraid I'll have to switch to the chalk-elec screen. Do you know if I can re-use the olinuxino power adapter (12v) and split it to power the board and the screen (through a step down 12v -> 5v adapter) ?
Thanks !