PIC32-MAXI-WEB v1.03.mcw can not be opened by mplabx

Started by phuockal, October 07, 2014, 06:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phuockal

Hi Olimex community,

I have 2 Olimex PIC32 MAXI WEB board, and I want to develop from the current demo software. The demo software downloaded from Olimex website has a file PIC32-MAXI-WEB v1.03.mcw and I can not open by MPLABX IDE. Are there any idea to open this demo project by MPLABX? Thanks!

Stanimir5F

The file *.mcw is a format that could be opened only with MPLAB 8.xx
If you want to use MPLABX you have to open the specific project(s) from the main menu of the IDE.
Note that each of the six project directories (5 libraries (AdcServer; FreeRTOS; Graphics_lib; SDcard_lib; TCPIP stack_lib) and main (MainProgram)) have a subdirectory called <dir name>.X (for example AdcServer.X).
You must open them from MPLABX main menu and compile first the libraries before the main project.

Try this and see if it works.

And use the compiler version suggested in the README.txt. Recently we had report that with newer version of the XC compiler it doesn't work because of RTOS library issue.

Stan, Olimex
May the Source be with You!

phuockal

thanks for your help, Stanimir5F

now I can build this project with xc32 v1.21. as you said, for the latest version of xc32 compiler (xc32 v1.33), building SDcard and RTOS is not success. it may be missing some definition.