LCD8000-97C capacitive TS (farnell/element14) works with A20?

Started by mpehisto, March 20, 2014, 11:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpehisto

Hello everybody,

I have this TS from element14/farnell wit LVDS.
http://uk.farnell.com/element14/lcd8000-97c/lcd-brd-9-7in-lvds-sabrelite-mars/dp/2364786

Is it maybe possible to connect this TS to the A20 Board ( with Android)?

BTW, I canĀ“t find any driver for this TS..

Many thanks in advance!!!

Kind regards,

Chris

JohnS

mpehisto

Yes, it is LVDS (see above)

Here is also the link to the operation manual
www.element14.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/65088-102-4-288014/LCD8000-97C%20Operation%20Guide%20V1.1.pdf

mpehisto

And I have a cable with one mini HDMI connector at the one side and LVDS connector and I2C connector at the other side.

dave-at-axon

I am trying to get a Fusion F07A-0102 display to work with Android just now. The display part is working and looks great but I am still working on the I2C for the touch. Trying to hook in the driver they supply for this but still trying to see where I hook in the I2C and IRQ to it!! I can manually read the I2C data so I know that this part works. Hooking it into Android is the fun part but a good learning exercise too.

Anyway, your display, as is typical with Farnell, is lacking in decent technical details. The document at the link you provided is very poor and has nothing at all about the touch driver used. Without this it's going to need you to download the drivers for the Mars board and try and extract what you need. It it uses a standard touch driver then you may be in luck as Android on the A20 has a number of cap touch drivers included.

The Sabre lite Android source is 1.7GB so you're going to need to download the complete thing to get only the touch driver out of it :(

The MARS board is a little lighter at 900MB.

mpehisto

Some News: The Touch Controller used in LCD8000-97C is the VTL CT363.

Did you think that ther standard drver possible work...?