A framework to ease GLES 2.0 development

Started by codifies, March 03, 2014, 08:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codifies

I today tidied up my GLES2.0 framework (https://github.com/chriscamacho/gles2framework)

While this was previously relying on GLFW I've reverted back to Xlib and updated the math library and tested the examples on the A20 (using Debian wheezy)

My main motivation for creating this framework was because its a big uphill struggle when someone is beginning to code using GLES2.0, before you can even throw some variable values on the screen, you need to create a native window, a context, make sure all you Matrix calculations are just right.... all that before you can even see a single pixel on the screen... A big uphill struggle for a beginner...

The framework takes care of things like creating a context for you and has some useful routines like sprites, glPrintf for displaying values, sprite particle clouds, loading 3d objects from a binary file format, shader creation, input handling - the world is your lobster!

There are a number of examples including a "physics" example using libODE to show colliding 3d objects.

As you can see there is enough utility here so that a beginner can start actually using GLES...

Enjoy!