A13-LCD10TS mounting and documentation

Started by Michel De Meester, February 14, 2014, 09:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel De Meester

Hello,

Sorry for writing in "bad English", I'm living in the Flemish speaking part of Belgium.

This is'nt exactly A20 related but there is no "Related Products" section.

All the questions are about the A13-LCD10TS screen

• What is the best way to attach the touchscreen to the TFT screen, by using double sided tape or are there better solutions?
  • How to mount the screen to a panel (cutout) and attach it without risk of breaking it?
  • Is there a user manual available for the extra PCB attached by Olimex to the back of the screen, especially about the jumpers and extra connections?

Thanks in advance

Michel

dave-at-axon

Hi Michel,

I mount my touch screen to the LCD using double sided tape to hold it in place. This is mainly because the panel is slightly smaller length wise than the LCD so it helps to keep it from moving around in the panel cavity.

As for the mounting, I make a cutout in an aluminium panel that is 2.5mm deep. With a 3mm panel this leaves 0.5mm window frame.

I them use a 1mm gasket to keep the LCD away from the metal, although I have had no issues mounting the LCD directly in the past. The gasket though helps to seal the front face.

I then use the small clamps from the LCD frame I get from Olimex, left, right, top and bottom. I can't use the frame itself. Too deep.

Michel De Meester

Hello Dave

I mount my touch screen to the LCD using double sided tape to hold it in place. This is mainly because the panel is slightly smaller length wise than the LCD so it helps to keep it from moving around in the panel cavity.

It seems you have a well equiped mechanical workshop including a milling machine, wich I don't have  :(

I then use the small clamps from the LCD frame I get from Olimex, left, right, top and bottom. I can't use the frame itself. Too deep.
Are these clamps also available for the 10" screen, I tought they were part of the LCD7-FRAMEKIT.

As we are not buying stuff directly from Olimex (we buy at www.antrantek.be), not all the parts are avilale here.

Is it possible to send me a picture of your "screen mount setup"

Thanks in advance,

Michel

dave-at-axon

Quote from: Michel De Meester on February 14, 2014, 11:35:26 AM
Hello Dave
It seems you have a well equiped mechanical workshop including a milling machine, wich I don't have  :(

Nope. I use www.schaeffer-ag.de for my panels. Great for small runs which is what I generally do here.

Their software is free and you can create some nice panels with logo's and text etc.

Are these clamps also available for the 10" screen, I tought they were part of the LCD7-FRAMEKIT.

As we are not buying stuff directly from Olimex (we buy at www.antrantek.be), not all the parts are avilale here.

You can use any other method to create the clamps. I have an alternative planned if I find that the LCD flexes too much and that is with a 3mm perspex panel to hold the LCD in place. It has a cutout for the Olimex PCB on the rear of the LCD. It will spread the load across the LCD.

Is it possible to send me a picture of your "screen mount setup"

Here is a 3D image of what I have for this project. The LCD is inserted into a cavity I cut in the rear of the panel. If you would like a copy of the FrontPanel designer file as a sample of how to do this with Schaeffer, send me a PM with your email.

Jean Muls

Hello Michel,
I have made it with epoxy printed bords...