How to Programm lpc1343 demo-Board(olimex)

Started by taskihcp, February 04, 2014, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taskihcp

Hallo,

I bought a Olimex LPC1343 demoboard and will ask how to Programm it.

I am a beginner with arm mikrocontroller.
I looked at the datasheet and mentioned as Hardware Programmer and stays also if the
BLD_E jumper is closed I can replace bin file into removable disk and the mikrocontroller execute
programm store in bin file. Does it mean I do not need a programmer and only need a usb connect.
I download the demo examples but couldnt programm in mikrocontroller in this way.

I built a dali master curcuit on the proto area. So how can I programm my code in mikrocontroller.
if via jtag(UEXT OR SWD) then which programmer ??

Can I programm this board with coocox programmer.

best Regards

taskihcp

LubOlimex

Hey there,

The board can be programmed via the internal bootloader or via an external debugger. Using an external debugger is the recommended method since it is faster and safer.

To program via the bootloader (mass storage) method you need to generate a bin file. It shouldn't be a hex or other type of binary format.

You may find the list of suggested debuggers in the "Board use requirements" of the user's manual (https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/NXP/LPC-P1343/resources/LPC-P1343.pdf).

The choice of a programmer/debugger tool is heavily influenced by you choice of software development tools. The CooCox IDE/CooCox debugger is a good combination for LPC-P1343.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex