A10-OLinuXino-LIME VGA

Started by kbro, January 27, 2014, 02:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbro

Looking at the A10-A20-OLinuXino-MICRO schematics, the VGA connector get the VGA R,G,B signals plus HSYNC,VSYNC from the LCD outputs.

Looking at the A10-OLinuXino-LIME schematics, and the GPIO list at https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/HARDWARE/A10-OLinuXino-LIME/A10_Lime_GPIOs.pdf, the GPIO-1 connector only has VGA R,G,B - the HSYNC and VSYNC are only available on LCD_CON.

I'm probably being incredibly dense, but what's the point of putting the R,G,B signals on a connector if the sync signals aren't there?  Or should the fact that they're also labelled TVOUT0,1,2 be a clue?  But if it is, why is TVOUT3 on GPIO4?!

olimex

LIME have HDMI connector and already is very high density board, all signals are present for VGA but they may be not routed in best way due to the space restrains
the bottom line is that if someone wants VGA he can do it but I doubt many would like to do this

if you want VGA use A13 :) there it's on big and nice connector

kbro

No native ethernet on A13, and board is too wide for my box.  I know - use A20 :-) but too costly  ;D

It's enough to know that VGA is possible, it a little clunky.  I'm hoping I don't need it...