A10 Users Manual

Started by jaj, January 15, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaj

Hi,
I've recently taken delivery of an A10 board along with a debian sd card.  I've inserted the debian sd card into the A10 and connected it to a monitor and power supply.  This is as far as I get, a red light comes on to indicate the board is getting power but it doesn't boot and at no point is there any video output.  Do I need to set any jumpers to bood off sd?  How can I tell if the board is even trying to access the sd card, is there an led that should be flashing?  Can I power the board via the usb-otg port ( I have an A10S which runs off the usb-otg port but again will not boot off an sd card and locks up while booting android from internal memory about 60% of the time )?

I see there is a users manual for the A10S, A13 and A20 but nothing for the A10.

Regards
James Johnston

Lurch

The LIME has just been released, so they probably need a few more days to finish the manual.
I have a developer version, and when it boots, a green LED goes on to show that it is booting / running.
The board should be powered with a 5V @2A supply - weak supply may be an issue.
The easiest way, in my opinion, to see what is going on is to attach an RS232-USB converter to UART0 (115200 baud) so that you can see the boot messages and/or errors during boot.

kbro

Are you sure about RS232 on UART0?  My A10s and A20 board both have debug UARTs that appear to be wired up the same way, and they need a serial adapter that uses TTL 3.3V levels, not RS232 5V.  I know because I made that very mistake :-)

Lurch

I meant TTL (3,3V) level converter.  In hindsight, the label RS232 is, of course, misleading.
Sorry.

olimex

for the moment please use our WIKI info https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A10-OLinuXino-LIME
if there is something else to be add please let me know