Temperature range for A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB?

Started by kbro, January 10, 2014, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbro

I believe the AllWinner SoC devices generally work in the Industrial temperature range -25+85C but I noticed that the A13 boards are only rated as Commercial 0+70C.  So what's the range for the A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB?  Thanks.

olimex

all components exept DDR3 memory are -25+85C
industrial DDR3 memories are hard to find and many times more expensive than commercial grade DDR3
industrial version of OLinuXino could be build upon request but may be subject to min. order quantity of 1000 pcs

kbro

Thanks for sticky-ing this topic - clearly there's a lot of interest in it.

It would be helpful if you would make some reference to the DDR limitation on your OLinuXino product page at https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/open-source-hardware - this mentions the -25+85C range a couple of times without ever saying that it's a theoretical design capability and that you don't actually sell any boards capable of working in this range.

kbro

Is the same true for the A20-SOM?  Could it be made to support -25+85C with appropriate DDR3 components, or are there other constraints?

tlhingan

We have had a number of Olimex-A20 devices operating at outdoor location in temperatures as cold as -40 C. The devices may not have been at those temperatures though, as the Olimexes were in plastic enclosures and running continuously, so the heat from the devices may have kept them warm enough.
8)

oliver

It should be important to note, that you can bring A10 and A20 chips easily out of spec by running ssvb's gpu/memtester + cpuburn. I've seen temperatures of 110C on the outside of the package (followed by a crash naturally) on a warm day.

antonio.pisano

Hello there,

I revamp this old post because it is pinned, so I guess this topic is still hot nowadays.

I am building some prototype applications using Olinuxino A13 and A20 boards. The final goal would be to implement the final solution using industrial-grade components. I know that temperature range for your boards is +0/+70°C.

What are the requirements for having the industrial-grade version of, say, A20 Lime? Is there a minimum quantity I would have to order? Is that really 1000 pcs? That would really be unfeasible for us...

Thanks in advance

Antonio

kalin

There are quite a few current offerings for industrial grade (https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A20/open-source-hardware) I guess this can be unpinned?