Other MAPLE bootloader on Olimexino, why not working?

Started by dongfang, December 15, 2013, 10:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dongfang

Hi,
I'm a beginner with ARM so bear with me please..

I have an Olimexino-STM32. And I have some EVVGC boards for controlling a gimbal; they have a STM32F103RCT6 on them. Olimexino has STM32F103RBT6 I can see (B vs. C. important?)

Anyway my challenge is: This EVVGC project also uses a Maple boot loader. I want the EVVGC soft to run on the Olimexino, where I can plug my JTAG debugger. I can't get the loader with the project to communicate with the Maple bootloader from Olimexino. Never mind why (I did change product ID from 3 to 4).

So I thought about just flashing, with STs Flash Loader Demo, the bootloader described in the EVVGC project (https://github.com/EvvGC/Firmware/wiki/USB-Bootloader) to the Olimexino. Flashing goes OK (with Global Erase) and then (after RESET with both BOOT pins at 0) - nothing! No USB device, not even unknown. On the EVVGC boards, that works.

Question - what can the difference be? For me they are just 2 boards with almost identical STM32F103s on them + USB connections. If both boards have the same Maple bootloader installed, and both have the same BOOT pin levels, and both have been seen working on USB in other contexts, what can be the reason that a Maple bootloader makes a Maple 003 device on one board but not on the other?

Regards
Soren

dongfang

Okay I basically got it flashing by using the original Olimexino bootie, and putting that into "perpetual mode". That will make it have ProductId3 and the other Maple uploader will talk to it now.