MOD-IO2 / Olimexino 328 Firmware problem?

Started by fookatchu, December 03, 2013, 04:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fookatchu

Hi!

I have an Olimexino-328 with an MOD-IO2-Board. I now have the problem, that the example arduino library doesn't work. I powered the Olimexino with the usb-supply and the IO2 with an external power supply (12V). The example code wants digitalRead(2) to be LOW, which i do not really get. Does this refer to the UEXT pin 2? Anyhow, i assume i have an old firmware and the example code is only for v3. Is there a way to check this? By LED behavior? The power led is contantly on, no blinking etc. And if i do have an old firmware, can i upgrade without buying a pic-programmer?

thanks for any help!

selfbg

Hi,

Can you post the example code that you're using?

There is easy way to check which firmware you're using.
The new (version 3) have unique Check_ID register.

Open Check_ID.ino (in arduino_dir/libraries/MOD_IO2/examples/Check_ID or from examples menus) and upload it on olimexino-328. If you get Checking ID: OK - you have firmware version 3. Otherwise - firmware version 2. There is no need to upgrade firmware. The only difference is the communication protocol. If you stick with the MOD-IO2 that you have there will be no problems.

Best regards,
Stefan

fookatchu

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, i was on vacation :). The code is the example code which is included in the arduino library. The Check_ID code is not running, so i assume i have an <3 board. This would not be a problem, but i don't find any documentation on the protocol or an arduino lib for the older versions. Do i have to look up the i2c documentation in the datasheet of the relays?

selfbg

You can find some additional information at:
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/MOD-IO2

There check information about firmware version 2.

fookatchu

Ah, somehow i missed that. I hoped to find a ready-to-go arduino lib, but it seems i have to to this with i2c. thanks for your help!