March 19, 2024, 05:51:19 AM

MOD RFID1356

Started by Simtrona, October 26, 2012, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simtrona

Hi!

I was received MOD-RFID1356 on 23.10.2012 (Proforma Invoice #W-SS221012). I was following instructions ( cable, driver, mod selection, notebook...) in your manual, but the module do not work in reading mode (Keyboard HID ). The CDC mode is working properly. Also, RFID tags working with other readers.

Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards.

olimex

what RFID tags you are using? when you say the tags work with other readers do you mean other MOD-RFID1356 or other manufacturer readers as different tags have different encodings etc
our reader works fine with our tags but there are tags like Mifare tags which are not compatible although operate on same frequency

inov

Do you have a RFID tags compatibility list with MOD-RFID1356?
I'm interested in a RFID reader but it must be able to read some specific tags...

LubOlimex

Hello inov,

These are the tags we have available:

https://www.olimex.com/Products/Components/RFID-Tags/

The 1356 tags start with prefix "RFID1356-".

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

inov

Hi Lub,

I've seen that page but, as I said before, I need to read a specific tag/card, namely, the HID iCLASS type. Does MOD-RFID1356 support reading this kind of card?

Best regards,
inov

LubOlimex

Hey inov,

It is mentioned in the manual of the reader:

"MOD-RFID1356  supports  RFID  transponder  tags  with  the  following
characteristics:

- ISO15693 compliant transponders;
- 13,56MHz carrier frequency;
- 1 out of 4 transmission encoding (VCD to VICC);
- High data rate (26,48kbit/s) reception encoding using one subcarrier frequency.

CAVEAT: MOD-RFID1356  does  not  support  reliably  the  anticollision
algorithm as defined in the ISO15693 standard. It will work reliably only if
there is a single VICC in the vicinity or if there is no RF collision. If there is
an RF collision, supposedly because of two VICCs with almost identical
UIDs, it might not detect both of them."

You need to check whether the properties of the target tag meet the above requirements.

Personally, I own a couple of tags from the doors of my properties and decided to test them with MOD-RFID. Both of them got recognized by the reader but of course that has nothing to do with statistics.

Regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex