olimexino stm32 - jtag or what debugger

Started by marcpaul, November 15, 2013, 12:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcpaul

and another one :)

can i use one of those debuggers with the stm32 board?

and if i could which one would that be? and shame on me where do i connect it?

yes i have no idea but so far i didn't need one but it could be a nice little helper sometimes....

thanks ...
marc

LubOlimex

Hey marc,

Depends what connector your board has. It is also very important what interfaces are supported by your STM32 (for instance, STM32 Cortex F0 micro-controllers doesn't have JTAG interface but only SWD).

So what STM32 board exactly do you have?

Usually the debugger connects to JTAG or SWD connector. If it is 20-pin full JTAG/SWD connector then our debuggers connect straight to the connector. If it is a 10-pin one then you might need an adapter like this one: https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/JTAG/ARM-JTAG-20-10/.

As of general info we manufacture two types of STM32 compatible debuggers - based on OpenOCD design recommendation (ARM-USB-TINY-H, ARM-USB-OCD-H) and based on CooCox CoLinkEx design (ARM-JTAG-COOCOX).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

marcpaul

ok i have the olimexino with the STM32F103RBT6 microcontroller. and as far as i see it, it has a 10pin swd connector...

ok thanks again then i know what i need :)

i have eclipse, openocd etc. already installed so i only need the debugger and the adapter... nice...

thank you very much for your help...

marc

LubOlimex

Marc,

For OpenOCD and Eclipse you might use ARM-USB-OCD-H or ARM-USB-TINY-H. You will also need the ARM-JTAG-20-10 adapter, as I already mentioned, since the JTAG connector is the small one (0.05'' step).

I don't think that we have general-purpose example for OLIMEXINO-STM32 for Eclipse and OpenOCD. We have one CAN example for the IAR (you can use it with the debuggers mentioned above) and the rest of the examples are for Maple IDE, I believe.

We have examples for other boards with the same microcontroller however.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

marcpaul

ok thanks already ordered the stuff from your german distributor :)

i'm using eclipse already and everything is installed shouldn't be a problem to set it up...

marc