April 19, 2024, 05:15:18 AM

PIC32-PINGUNIO-OTG CNC PCB Mill

Started by agolac, November 12, 2013, 05:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agolac

Hi guys. I want to build CNC PCB mill based on PIC32-PINGUNIO-OTG. I have a question for some of you that might know more on the subject.
Is there a reason I must have drivers to drive stepper motors, or can this job be handled with PIC32-PINGUINO-OTG, along with runing G-Code software. I plan to take GRBL code and modify it so it runs on PIC32.
Is it enough to just connect L298N dual H bridges to handle voltage requirements of the steppers and generate
steps and code with PIC32-OLINUXINO-OTG?

agolac

Actually, there is no reason why this should not be possible from hardware point of view, but there is question if this is worth an effort money wise when Pololu drivers are so cheap, so I will go with them.

There is a guy that connected all to PIC and created stepper driver. Source code is available too and it is based on Microchip document, so driver really considers all important views of driving steppers to their maximum. If anyone interested to build their own drivers, here is the link...

http://www.dr-iguana.com/prj_StepperDriver/stepperDriver_building.html

Well, this one sorted. Will post progress here as I go along with the project. Plan is to build this in Pinguino IDE.