Latest Debian 3.4 Image

Started by Robert Leacroft, November 08, 2013, 07:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Leacroft

Hi All,

Has anyone had any success with the new debian 3.4 image on the Wiki?

I have just created a new card with this image. I use the HDMI output via a converter to VGA. This works perfectly with the original debian image (and Android on the nand) but just gives "input not supported" on my monitor with the new image; I sometimes get 1/2 a screen. Script.bin etc. look to be the same on both old and new cards.

I have also modified /etc/network/interfaces to match my old one with static eth0 and local loopback enabled but I can get no lan connection at all. Ifconfig just says "device not found".

I have currently gone back to the original image to continue my work (luckily I have kept the previous img source) but would be interested to know if anyone else has had success or problems  with the new image.

Robert

yoann_q

i use the old image and the only thing i've done is to replace the 3.0.76+ kernel a homely compiled kernel , in order to have a Video4linux support
and it work perfecly

LubOlimex

Hey Robert,

With the latest Debian image you can just use "./change_display.sh" instead of manually replacing the scripts. More info might be found here: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A10s-OLinuXino-MICRO#How_to_change_HDMI_and_LCD_resolutions_in_the_latest_Debian_image.3F.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Robert Leacroft

Many thanks. I had not spotted this. However note that the actual command is ./change_display_a10s.sh

As a matter of interest do you know what HDMI resolution it was initially set to power up as?

Robert