March 28, 2024, 02:50:19 PM

PIC3 MAXI WEB TCPIP DEMO

Started by sdecorme, October 25, 2012, 01:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdecorme

Hi I try to compile the "TCPIP PIC32 ETH Demo App-C32" demo but I've an error

MainDemo.c:193:2: error: 'UART1A' undeclared (first use in this function)

from this line
   putrsUART((ROM char*)"Initializing...");

It come from the Hardwareprofile.h line 2214
   #define UART_MODULE_USED       UART1A

I don't understand why the UART1 is not found , Any idea?

Great card I've already done a modified USB bootloader now I want ot make the ethernet bootloader.

Why You don't use the same ethernet chip as the microchip demoboard ?
Is it difficult to modify the microchip demo to use it whit your board ?

Thanks

If I comment all the putsuart function the next error is
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c: In function 'TCPTXPerformanceTask':
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c:221:3: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ultoa' makes pointer from integer without a cast
c:\program files (x86)\microchip\mplabc32\v2.02\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/stdlib.h:96:15: note: expected 'char *' but argument is of type 'long unsigned int'
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c:221:3: warning: passing argument 2 of 'ultoa' makes integer from pointer without a cast
c:\program files (x86)\microchip\mplabc32\v2.02\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/stdlib.h:96:15: note: expected 'long unsigned int' but argument is of type 'BYTE *'
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c:221:3: error: too few arguments to function 'ultoa'
c:\program files (x86)\microchip\mplabc32\v2.02\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/stdlib.h:96:15: note: declared here
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c: In function 'TCPRXPerformanceTask':
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c:315:3: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ultoa' makes pointer from integer without a cast
c:\program files (x86)\microchip\mplabc32\v2.02\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/stdlib.h:96:15: note: expected 'char *' but argument is of type 'long unsigned int'
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c:315:3: warning: passing argument 2 of 'ultoa' makes integer from pointer without a cast
c:\program files (x86)\microchip\mplabc32\v2.02\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/stdlib.h:96:15: note: expected 'long unsigned int' but argument is of type 'BYTE *'
..\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\TCPPerformanceTest.c:315:3: error: too few arguments to function 'ultoa'
c:\program files (x86)\microchip\mplabc32\v2.02\bin\../lib/gcc/pic32mx/4.5.1/../../../../pic32mx/include/stdlib.h:96:15: note: declared here

from TCPPerfomanceTest.c line 221

ultoa((DWORD)qw, vBytesPerSecond);

What is this ?

LubOlimex

Hi there,

The demo from the stack will NOT work without modification with the generic stack you download from Microchip's stack. My advise is to check the provided modified code at (https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Development/PIC32-MAXI-WEB/)

ultoa() - UNSIGNED LONG TO INTEGER - is a function that has been causing many problems among the PIC community because some compilers have it defined in which case you have to exclude the definition in your code and vice versa some compilers lack it defined and you have to define it yourself.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

sdecorme

sdecorme

Will you make an update to make your demo code compatible with the last microchip stack  5.42 ?
Thanks

LubOlimex

I can't promise you this adjustment would happen soon. The reason are the requirements in FreeRTOS.

Regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

LubOlimex

Hey jl,

The password is located in "Olimex License Agreement.pdf" (accessible without a password in the archive). We wanted to ensure customers are aware of copyright of modified Microchip's stack.

Please, in future do not hijack other people's forum threads. When you want to ask something completely irrelevant to the original post - make a new thread. 

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX